Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 November 2015

‘Count me out’ – Ibrahim Babangida tells PDP


One-time Nigerian military president, General Ibrahim Babangida has dismissed insinuations that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was wooing him to be its candidate for the 2019 presidential election.
He confirmed that he has no such intention as he would be 78 years by 2019.

Reacting also to his appointment as Chairman of the proposed PDP National Conference slated for today, Babangida urged the PDP to count him out of the conference saying that he had quit partisan politics four years ago when he clocked 70.

He further said he had friends in the APC as well and playing the expected role would amount to partisanship.

General Babangida, in a statement he personally signed and tagged PDP Rebranding Conference: Count me out, said:

I wish to make some clarifications concerning the invitation extended to me on the scheduled PDP rebranding conference slated for November 12, 2015, aimed at repositioning the party after its poor outing at the last elections.
While I welcome the invitation to the event as a mark of respect as one of the founding fathers, I want to be excused on the grounds that I have long bid bye to partisan politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment